12.01.2010

Spreadin' Rhythm Around

Sooooo......I will talk about dance again. This is your warning and chance to look away.
............
............
Okay that's enough prior warning.
Anywho, on the night of Monday I went to my little cousins dance recital. We will call her little missy. And holy crap batman. She was the cutesyest thing EVAH. I haven't seen something that cute since I was 3 years old! So then it got me thinking: I was in dance once. I had a few dance recitals at one point in my life. And I KNEW we had a video of the whole recital somewhere. Problem was, it is still in the pile of junk in our storage room that has existed since we moved here 4 years ago. And it was a VHS.. Boo.

But I was determined to find it and whaddya know? I did :D (AND I found Saturdays Warrior and Thumb Wars so if you wanna watch that, I now have access to that awesomeness!)

I found the tiniest TV in existance that miraculously had a VCR. I know great, right?
Then I plugged it up in my room, scooted real close to it, rewound it to my numbers and had a party with myself.

Can I just say I was the cutesyest little dancer in the world (except of course for little missy :)

That video brought back priceless memories that will stick with me for forever. And it also made me miss dance. Yeah I know I'm a ballroom dancer, but that doesn't fill the need. I wanna be able to feel the music and dance whatever I wanna. Ballroom has just set choreography. Don't get me wrong, I love it with my whole soul and I love bring able to act. However I miss the structure and craziness of ballet and tap.

When I moved here I was given the choice of finding a new dance studio or ballroom. It just worked out that I stuck with ballroom. I've had so many great times and met so many amazing people through Timpviews program. Then the days come along were I watch someone perform a heartfelt lyrical piece and I yearn for that.

I just wanna dance my soul out

No comments:

Post a Comment