9.22.2011

the path less traveled.

I've been thinking lately, do I really know what I want in and out of  life?
do I really know who I am?

People know what they want for me, but have I decided? Am I  okay with that?

Yesterday, for example, in my Early Childhood Education Class, the kids in the Timpview Preschool came and we taught them for the first time. The reason I took this class was to see if I even want to be a teacher. And after one day with the kids, I'm learning a lot about myself.

I wasn't the lead teacher, but I did help a lot. And I thought I knew the "proper" way to handle children. But today, handling 20 preschoolers, I found myself just standing there with a blank look on my face thinking, "I have no idea what to do."

I love the class and I love the kids, I just don't know if that's what I really want to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment