7.01.2011

Cool story, Hansel

I would just like to announce to the whole world that I, Nicole Marie Hopkinson, am now taking clarinet lessons.

Shocker.

But it's like, the best thing that's ever happened to me. Like fo reals. I don't know why I didn't start sooner in life.
Pssssh. Screw private dance lessons. Who needs those?
I've learned so much already in two 30 minute lessons with Emileigh. And it pushes me to actually practice. Haha. Yeah, I practice now. And I like it. So eat it.

Today, for example, I came home from our last day of summer band (tear) and was supes excited to practice. That never happens. Emileigh had given me some stuff in the lesson that I pretty much sucked at and I was determined to make it better. And I did. Somewhat. I was angry this morning so I made a story like she told me to, and played with so much emotion I almost cried. It was a good way to relax and vent emotions to myself. Music is grand.

Being first chair scares me. But I think if I work hard in these lessons, I'll actually get something done and improve and be first chair worthy. Maybe. High notes, sight reading, scales, solos, all that jazz. Yeah I'm scared. But I can do it. If I just struggle with it like Steve Irwin used to wrestle with alligators, something good is bound to happen, right? But then Steve died. Maybe I'll die if I play too much. Hmmmm... oh well. Anyways, I'm excited for the challenges to come and to make mega improvements.


and now for your entertainment. Clarinet Boy:

No comments:

Post a Comment