4.20.2013

Get prepared for another band post.....

Lizzy and Jon
Maria and Mariana
Jon and Ryan
Bethany and Shane
Zach and David
Bao and Nicole
Jonathan and Christian
Jake and Nate

and now...


Alexa and Christian!


I was privileged to be invited back and help make this important decision for the Timpview Band. The thing is, I get so sentimental and take this so serious because each year, this day completely changes two sophomores lives. Not to mention the hundreds of band kids they will one day be leading! And that's no exaggeration.


See this here picture?


My audition number for my drum major auditions. 
Circa 2010. (3 years ago if you can't do math)

Call me crazy and sappy and a hoarder, but you don't get it.
You wouldn't get it unless your name was one of the names on the list up there 
(which extends a lot past those names might I add)
You might get it a little.
But there is no way in Hell (ahem, excuse me) that I would be the person I am today without each and every little experience - good and bad - that I had while serving as one of the Timpview Drum Majors.

And you better believe I am so thankful for it all.
I am so excited for these two kids and their future! 
They'll be a lot better than I was, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment