3.12.2012

business of misery

If you haven't seen me in a while, it's not because I dropped out of high school to join the Amish (although that sounds quite nice right now).
Last week was Nationals for ballroom (full recap post coming soon) and that took up about 200% of my energy. No joke. I think I went to 1 day of school. Total. Probably a bad idea, but whatevs. During that week, I was recovering from a slight previous illness complete with aches, fever, congestion, sore throat, cough, chills, headaches and all that jazz. Thank goodness I was almost completely recovered while I was competing, or that week would have been like going through Hell. But of course, as soon as Nationals was done, my poor body protested and collapsed.

Sunday morning I woke up and I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I could barely breathe, my throat was on fire, and my head was pounding. Although I haven't been in something like 4 weeks straight, going to church was not an option. Medicines weren't helping and the only escape from the pain was sleep.

This brings us to Monday morning. First of all, sleep never came to take me away from the pain and my brain was too focused on the pain to focus on sleep. I could hear myself whimpering uncontrollably while coming in and out of consciousness, but I had no energy to get out of bed and find my dear mother. So as soon as my mom was awake and could hear me, she came into my room to find me sobbing. All I remember saying through tears was, "It hurts so bad." She gave me drugs, I was knocked out and the next thing I know, a few hours later she wakes me up to drive me to Dr. Taylor, my cute old Sunday school teacher. The diagnosis?


sinusitis: a severe sinus infection
I literally have never felt so much pain before in my life, and I've broken 4 bones and had a metal pole stuck through my leg. My head is currently a ticking time bomb of pain and mucous. Mmmmm. delicious.



So anyways, the whole point of this is that if you think I'm avoiding you, I'm not. Well, I am, but only because I'm avoiding everything right now. I'm hiding in the confines of my bed, popping pills and eating ice cream. It's not as glamorous as it seems. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment