7.10.2012

Knee deep in the hoopla




I can attest that these actually do happen.


For those of you who didn't know, I've been nannying for my cute cousins aged 12, 9, and 5 for five days. I've been playing single, working mother - running them to their multiple summer activities, nagging to practice the piano, preventing fights, playing pretty pretty princess, bedtime, bathtime, mealtime....the whole shabang.



I love kids, but let's just say I've suddenly come to the realization that as much as I want a family of my own someday, the key word is someday.
And for me, it's now later rather than sooner.


I had a dream.
and I thought, maybe I will get as much education as I can and not focus on marriage and children.
If I want a career, by darn, I will have a career and no man is going to stop me.
children will come when they're supposed to.

I've learned a lot about myself through this experience. Like the fact that I have a lot more to learn before becoming a mother. I need more patience. More nurturing. Putting their needs before mine. And the list goes on.

so here's to me and my future career.
whatever happens happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment